As an intern you will be a part of the content curation team for the Urban Archive app. Interns will confer with content creators to cull, research, and input data based on the digital collections of New York City historical institutions such as New York Public Library, Museum of the City of New York and the Brooklyn Historical Society, among others.
- Experience with web and monograph based history research
- A keen eye for interesting photographs, still standing buildings, architectural details seen on Google street view and unique and engaging historical facts.
- An interest in New York City history, architecture, archives, social and cultural history
- Familiarity with collaborative online tools such as Slack, Google Docs, and Content Management Systems.
- Experience with (historical) writing for a general audience
- Copyediting skills
- Organized, detail and task oriented, collaborative and good humored
Sumbit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org